IF function?

Hutia

Dear All,

I need to find out which people are in list A but not in list B. How could I do this? I guess I need to use IF function, but I am not very familiar with this and would appreciate someone's help.

List A is in cells A 1:328
List B is in cells B 1:438

I expected to have two the same lists so would like to find out which people are missing from list A.

Regards,
Hutia

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Hi there. In C1 put this formula: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A9,B$1:B$438,1,FALSE)),A9&" is missing from column B",VLOOKUP(A9,B$1:B$438,1,FALSE)) and copy down to row 328.

Upvote 0
Hello and thank you for your reply. This showed only 8 people at the bottom but of the list. Is it possible in column C to get the list referring to the column B, and highlight (or write number 1) next to the name which does not appear in list A?

Upvote 0
Ok. I got the formula wrong anyway but: try this =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B1,A$1:A$438,1,FALSE)),B1&" is missing from column A",VLOOKUP(B1,A$1:A$438,1,FALSE)) - it was not clear which way round youy wanted the comparison. This will compare all column B and give you the message. If you just want a 1, then this is it: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B1,A$1:A$438,1,FALSE)),"1",VLOOKUP(B1,A$1:A$438,1,FALSE))

Upvote 0
Thank you both so much - both formulas work very well. You are both so clever
Have a good day

Regards,
hutia

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back