NESTED IF & VLOOKUP Formulas returning the correct data, but ...

dante311

Hi All -

Please find my "code" for a working IF(VLOOKUP... that does capture the data from the references table successfully. To start at the beginning, I have 5 value tables where data is being pulled from with a master table that is pulling the data from the 5 tables.

My issue is that cells that are empty in the data tables (from where data is pulled) is revealed as a "#N/A" in the master table and I want it to reveal a blank space...

=IF($A$2="Table 1",(VLOOKUP(MM,MM[Priority],1,0)),IF($A$2="Table 2",(VLOOKUP(RG,RG[Priority],1,0)),IF($A$2="Table 3",(VLOOKUP(CS,CS[Priority],1,0)),IF($A$2="Table 4",(VLOOKUP(JP,JP[Priority],1,0)),IF($A$2="Table 5",(VLOOKUP(JB,JB[Priority],1,0)),0)))))

I was hoping to return a 0 for false statements, which then I would create a new rule setting 0 = ;;; which returns a blank cell.

Any help?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
You are welcome.

Note that all I did was what I recommended in my first reply; insert your original formula into the IFERROR formula (substituting your formula, except the equal sign, into the "your formula" part of that IFERROR construct).

So if it comes up again in the future, that is all you need to do.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back