Any chance I could get some input on sorting this data table?

figuare9

Board Regular
I have a bunch of data I'm attempting to sort out, but I'd like to do it in a way that it could be more user friendly.

The arrows on the top sort the table from greatest to least, and least to greatest. They're just simple macros. (In case you were wondering what the arrows were)

So what I'm trying to do is group all of the widths in "section 1" only. So the easiest way to explain it would be to essentially have all of the 108" data seperated by a row from the 72" data, and so forth.

So here's what it currently looks like now..
2zfv5Yw.png

And this is what I'd like it to look like after sorting.
A5ZZXr9.png

Now the issue I have is that this data changes a lot. There might be 5 72" entries one week, and 10 the next.So I can't exactly use hidden rows for this can I? Since the data is changing so much?

Any thoughts? I thought about vba, and searching Column G for the last 72" for example, and inserting a row after the sort.. But I would really like to see if there's an easy solution I might've missed.

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Hi @figuare9

There doesn't appear to be any pictures/code/tables in your post; although I therefore can't see your data, from what you've written it sounds like a simple sort (possibly as a VBA macro) would resolve the issue. The macro could also insert a blank row if that was required once grouped, though I wouldn't necessarily suggest that as blank rows causes problems when working with data

Upvote 0
Hi, figuare9
Not sure what do you mean by group? But if it is just for visual clarity then you can set alternate cell color for these groups by using vba.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grantrob

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back