Writing a statement counting multiple columns

datadummy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I need help writing a statement that essentially says if column A is the month of December in the following format xx/xx/xxxx. Then if column B has a number that starts with 23, 24, 25. Then if column O is Y or N.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
To your point of convenience that is the data and format that I have to work with and am trying to be efficient in capturing the correct data. If there is a better way to capture the data I am open to suggestions.

Upvote 0
To your point of convenience that is the data and format that I have to work with and am trying to be efficient in capturing the correct data.
I think you missed my point. What you see in the cell is not what Excel sees for dates. You might see in a cell 1/14/2019 or maybe January 14, 2019 or 14Jan19 or quite a number of other variations... all of these are simply display formats... the value that Excel sees (and stores) for all of these variations is 43479, the number of days between January 1, 1900 and today. The date format you see is for the human observer only, Excel does not use it. So, there is no need to try and force the use of the date display you see in your cells... just use the various date functions that Excel provides for getting information about a date (for example, the MONTH function that Dante used in his formula and that I retained in my shortening of that formula).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back