Running macros in a form control list box

Shadkng

I have been searching the internet for hours and I cannot seem to find a clear method for the following. I would like to have several macros listed in a list box that when selected will run. I currently have a bunch of form control buttons on my sheets and it's getting messy. I am able to do it easily using a data validation list box and naming the macros in the code which I found online. However, I would like to make the list using a form control list box - I guess an active-x list box so I can have more control over the size, font, etc. I know how to make the active-x list box and name the range where the macros are listed, but I don't know what code to use. If there is another approach to solve my issue I am certainly open to it. Thanks

Hi,

TotallyConfused: Thanks for your comments. I must say that MyAnswer was invested in me learning the meaning behind what I was trying to accomplish, and although it took me some time, it finally penetrated. I see sometimes he's not even satisfied with he answer he gave me and is thinking of even a better method! I never really learned programming so I am getting use to thinking a certain way, that it's the approach that is so important. I know I'm not too good at it and I have to work and train myself to think a certain way. My son has helped in the past building my complex spreadsheet - he took some coding in college, and although he is not familiar with VBA, he knows logically how to tackle the problem. I wish I had the time to learn VBA from the beginning the proper way, but I am totally immersed in my business and don't have the time right now. So I am basically jumping into VBA areas that I'm not ready for and that is way some of the concepts take me time to understand. I almost always try to find answers online because I want to try to do it myself, unless it's something that I know would be very complicated. I know I could hire someone as well to write the various code that I need, but then I'll be disconnected from it and I likely won't be able to modify it as my needs change. I need to understand on some level what's being done.

Regarding your answer above about the bold text, I used conditional formatting which did the trick for now. Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to post a couple of other things related to formulas and not VBA so if you see them maybe you can help.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Hi,would the following be possible with VBA...I would like a warning message to pop up when a particular selection is made from a drop down list in a worksheet, or in a specific range if it must. However, I want the message to pop up only the first time that selection is made, so suppressed after that. Would the selection have to be exact or could it be based on a string or prefix of the name in the selection? I would not want the message to pop up if that selection is existing when opening a saved workbook. This is not a super important thing so I wouldn't want you to put a lot of effort if needed. Thanks

Upvote 0
Questions like this should be started in a New posting.
Hi,would the following be possible with VBA...I would like a warning message to pop up when a particular selection is made from a drop down list in a worksheet, or in a specific range if it must. However, I want the message to pop up only the first time that selection is made, so suppressed after that. Would the selection have to be exact or could it be based on a string or prefix of the name in the selection? I would not want the message to pop up if that selection is existing when opening a saved workbook. This is not a super important thing so I wouldn't want you to put a lot of effort if needed. Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back