LeanneBG

Board Regular
Hi Experts! I am trying to formulate the best way to create conditional formatting rules to be able to highlight the whole row based on the words found in column G.

Basically, column G contains all the status of the processing of the macro. It is consist of a sentence or two. I want the rule to highlight the whole row when it detects either one of the words/phrases within the sentence like "with warnings" or "With warning" or "with errors" or "with error" or "was terminated". I was able to formulate using format only cells that contains the following words, however, it is not working whenever i am putting the whole sentence. It only works whenever i only put "with warnings" in the cell. Hope you can help. Thanks!

Sample status below:

JOB_ AVCDDE_123456 Script completed with warnings or remainders. There was 1 warning message. There were no remainder messages. Script ran for 52 minutes and 31 seconds. (Elapsed: 3151 Interactive: 0 Processing: 3151)

Re: How to formulate

To still highlight the whole row. By the way, the status can only be found on column G and there is only 1 status pero row so the possiblity of having 2 status is unlikely to happen.. so it's only with xx warnings of no warnings at all..hope this info helps..

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.

To still highlight the whole row. By the way, the status can only be found on column G and there is only 1 status pero row so the possiblity of having 2 status is unlikely to happen.. so it's only with xx warnings of no warnings at all..hope this info helps..

in that case, try this

=NOT(COUNTIF(G2,"*no warning message*")>0)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ahh i see, this is actually a better approach. Can i also add "no warning messages"? Just to be sure thaf it will not highlight both "no warning message" or "no warning messages"

Should i just create the same CF rule above and put "no warning messages"

sorry i dont have my laptop with me right now but i will try the solution you provided later as soon as i get back my laptop

Upvote 0

Ahh i see, this is actually a better approach. Can i also add "no warning messages"? Just to be sure thaf it will not highlight both "no warning message" or "no warning messages"

Should i just create the same CF rule above and put "no warning messages"

sorry i dont have my laptop with me right now but i will try the solution you provided later as soon as i get back my laptop

the formula in post#12 should work as that exclude "no warning messages"

Upvote 0

the formula in post#12 should work as that exclude "no warning messages"

Hi @AlanY
I tried below formula, but when i applied this, the whole range was highlighted already since at the start of the process, the range is blank. It will only have data right after the processing is completed

Upvote 0

Hi @AlanY
I tried below formula, but when i applied this, the whole range was highlighted already since at the start of the process, the range is blank. It will only have data right after the processing is completed

While this =COUNTIF($A2:$H2,"*there was*warning message*")>0 highlights the row even if it says there was no warning message.. i don't want this to happen.. i only want to highlight if it says it has warning message..

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back