Combining excelsheets with different coloumn names into one.

hrithvik

I have an excel with diffent sheets having data, with different column names, i want to merge this into one?
Please help me on this

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Do you simply want to copy all the columns from each sheet to one sheet beside each other? If so, what is the name of the destination sheet?

Upvote 0
Sheet is not requried.
Suppose

Sheet1

A B C coloumns are there

Sheet 2

A D E coloumns

then master sheet should contain

A B C D E coloumns

Upvote 0
Does that mean that you want to copy the contents of column A from Sheet1 to the Master and then copy the contents of column A from Sheet2 below the contents of Sheet1 in the Master? Then you would copy columns D and E from Sheet2? Please clarify in detail.

Upvote 0
yes, if conent is same it should over write. im filling employee details
coloums A will contain employee ID.

Upvote 0
This sounds like there is more to your request than just combining the columns. When you say "if content is same", that implies that there will have to be some comparison of data. I think that it would be easier to help and test possible solutions if I could work with your actual file which includes any macros you are currently using. Perhaps you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Include a detailed explanation of what you would like to do using a few examples from your data and referring to specific cells, rows, columns and worksheets. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0
Since your request is an entirely different topic, according to Forum rules, you should start a new thread.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back