Listed Employee data

Nygie

Board Regular
Good afternoon, by racking my tiny brains on this one as to whether it is actually possible with such little knowledge I have, although a fast(ish) learner. I tried pivot tables but could only get on row of data to pull in.
The data I have is employee payments and deductions by date listed down the spreadsheet for each employee with repeating headings in bold. Basically individual little ranges of data.
I would like to reorder it keeping it the data in date period order but with the employee names across the top ideally I will create a new tab for each kind of payment/deduction.
I had a sample to post but I do not have that privilege.
Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Nigel

That is absolutely amazing, thank you so much.
I will now work through the code to try and understand the processes in action and make it work for the rest of the columns of data.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
You are welcome.

I put lots of documentation in the code to try to explain what each step is doing, so hopefully that helps.

Upvote 0
You are welcome.

I put lots of documentation in the code to try to explain what each step is doing, so hopefully that helps.
That is much appreciated as it helps massively.
This row in your code for populating the date column [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]For d = minDate To maxDate Step 7 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]is this basically reading the min and max date and populating with a period interval of 7 days? In this instance all the dates are Fridays would making a unique list achieve the same outcome (maybe its harder to do that) and would the Date titles in that column throw up an issue with a unique list one being that Date would be in the list which would need ordering. Your way is simpler, sorry thinking outloud.
Again many thanks for your time it has been educational and hopefully I understand it enough to be able to adapt it for other data sets.
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
This row in your code for populating the date column For d = minDate To maxDate Step 7 is this basically reading the min and max date and populating with a period interval of 7 days? In this instance all the dates are Fridays would making a unique list achieve the same outcome (maybe its harder to do that)
Yes, that is exactly what it is doing. It is creating the date list. It is a pretty quick and efficient way of doing it. I really cannot think of a better way to do it.

would the Date titles in that column throw up an issue with a unique list one being that Date would be in the list which would need ordering.
No, the MIN and MAX function ignore text entries, so that is not an issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivek chauhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back