Updating links from excel 2016 to powerpoint 2016 by clicking on an action button

Thread: Updating links from excel 2016 to powerpoint 2016 by clicking on an action button
Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Updating links from excel 2016 to powerpoint 2016 by clicking on an action button

Is is possible to build an "action button" in PowerPoint 2016, that will allow the links on that slide to update by clicking on, instead of right-clicking and selecting "Update Link" on the pop-up menu? Is there a macro that can be assigned to the "blank" button in PowerPoint? If possible, this could work for individual slides, OR for the entire presentation...which would even be better. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Updating links from excel 2016 to powerpoint 2016 by clicking on an action button

I use an add-in called "Automate Content" to update multiple exhibits for report writing in MS Word, it might be applicable to PowerPoint but I haven't looked into it. It basically links your workbook to your word doc. It may be possible to link it to a PowerPoint.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Updating links from excel 2016 to powerpoint 2016 by clicking on an action button

Thanks DriveBy BBQ. I have no problem linking PowerPoint to Excel. It's when I make a change to my Excel Spreadsheet, I want a quicker way to update my PowerPoint Presentation by clicking on an Action Button, or something similar to update those changes in PowerPoint(Instead of clicking on the link in PowerPoint, right clicking then clicking "Update Link"). I'm seeking the same kind of Excel macro button as used to clear certain cells, columns, or rows in Excel. Any ideas from anyone?

Some videos you may like

User Tag List