Thread: In Office 2013, is there a way to rearrange the buttons between ribbons on the menus up top?
Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question In Office 2013, is there a way to rearrange the buttons between ribbons on the menus up top?

I'll be more specific....
    I would like to either move... or create an 'Add Hyperlink' button to the "Home" Ribbon tab... so that I wont have to keep switching between ribbon tabs every time I need a button from another tab.

Does anyone have any idea how to facilitate this?
    C.Rudolph
    SFC, US Army
    Retired

Budget Analyst
    Aviation Maintenance &
    Logistics Management
    Aviation Financial
    Management

Email: chris@clever-dudes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: In Office 2013, is there a way to rearrange the buttons between ribbons on the menus up top?

Hi Mr. Walnuts!
    I don't think you can add to the home tab but if your right click on the Home bar (at the top of the page, it says Home, Insert, Page Layout, Etc. right click anywhere in there) it will come up with "Customize Quick Access Toolbar".

You can add any commands you like to the Quick Access Toolbar and it will appear no matter which tab you are currently viewing.

Have a great day!

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: In Office 2013, is there a way to rearrange the buttons between ribbons on the menus up top?

Oh excellent. So at least I can create a toolbar with all the stuff I need; it doesn't NEED to be the home bar, as long as it has text formatting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsPen View Post
    Hi Mr. Walnuts!
    I don't think you can add to the home tab but if your right click on the Home bar (at the top of the page, it says Home, Insert, Page Layout, Etc. right click anywhere in there) it will come up with "Customize Quick Access Toolbar".

You can add any commands you like to the Quick Access Toolbar and it will appear no matter which tab you are currently viewing.

Have a great day!
    C.Rudolph
    SFC, US Army
    Retired

Budget Analyst
    Aviation Maintenance &
    Logistics Management
    Aviation Financial
    Management

Email: chris@clever-dudes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a great feature particularly for commonly used items or items that are normally hard to find on the regular ribbon.
    Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can also create a "Custom" tab. "Options"--> Customize Ribbon --> New Tab (then New Group). That way you can have a whole tab with whatever you like in whichever order.
    I've heard of people using this to basically recreate the Menu setup of pre-2007 Office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't think of that, what a great idea.
    Thanks!

Some videos you may like

User Tag List