1/0/1900 Problems...

cafesbk

As I am new to the forum I am hoping that someone might be able to give me some assistance. I am not an Excel "expert" and know enough to get me in trouble. I am working on a spread sheet and have come up with the following formula that works for what I need it to do, but the formula displays the date as 1/0/1900. I have searched many sites looking for an answer as to how to modify this formula to present either a blank or a 0. I have tried several suggestions with no luck. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

For some additional details: This formula is pulling information off of another sheet and displaying it on this sheet.

=INDEX('Active Project Details'!$F$17:$F$1500,19*(ROWS($A$1:A1)-1)+1)

Thank you!

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
cafesbk, Good evening.

Format this cell as Number.
Possibly this cell is formated as DATE.

Is that what you're looking for?
I hope it helps.

----------
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Marcílio Lobão

Upvote 0
As I am new to the forum I am hoping that someone might be able to give me some assistance. I am not an Excel "expert" and know enough to get me in trouble. I am working on a spread sheet and have come up with the following formula that works for what I need it to do, but the formula displays the date as 1/0/1900. I have searched many sites looking for an answer as to how to modify this formula to present either a blank or a 0. I have tried several suggestions with no luck. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

For some additional details: This formula is pulling information off of another sheet and displaying it on this sheet.

=INDEX('Active Project Details'!$F$17:$F$1500,19*(ROWS($A$1:A1)-1)+1)

Thank you!

The cell is formatted as a "Short date" as the information it is pulling is a date. If no date is filled in on the accompanying sheet I would like this cell to display either "o" or just blank.

Upvote 0
That 1/0/1900 really looks like a 0 (zero) formatted into short date.

When you say "no date is filled in the accompanying sheet", do you mean it's a blank cell?

If that's the case have you tried simply wrapping an IF around your "index" that returns blank if the value it is picking up is actually a blank?

=IF(INDEX('Active Project Details'!$F$17:$F$1500,19*(ROWS($A$1:A1)-1)+1)="","",INDEX('Active Project Details'!$F$17:$F$1500,19*(ROWS($A$1:A1)-1)+1))

Upvote 0
That 1/0/1900 really looks like a 0 (zero) formatted into short date.

When you say "no date is filled in the accompanying sheet", do you mean it's a blank cell?

If that's the case have you tried simply wrapping an IF around your "index" that returns blank if the value it is picking up is actually a blank?

=IF(INDEX('Active Project Details'!$F$17:$F$1500,19*(ROWS($A$1:A1)-1)+1)="","",INDEX('Active Project Details'!$F$17:$F$1500,19*(ROWS($A$1:A1)-1)+1))

That did the trick! Thank you for your assistance! I really appreciate it!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whatdoido

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back