Access wingdings? Green, Yellow, Red

Tcurtis

Board Regular
I have recently switched over some of my reporting to Access from Excel and would like to know if I can use the same characters to display positive, negative and no change numbers. I currently display negative numbers as a green circle, positive numbers as a red diamond and no change as a yellow triangle. Is it possible to do this in an Access form? I cannot find the icon sets I used in Excel in Access. I appreciate the help on this.

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
I can't help with where to get the icons but once you have appropriate images you can put them all on your form and set their visible property to False. Then, using an appropriate event, you can make the appropriate image visible. Don't forget to reset it to invisible again, probably when closing the form. It wouldn't do to have more than one image visible at a time.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I have been looking at putting an IIF statement in the query to show a unicode character according to what the number is, ie: positive, negative or zero. Also looking at using switch to choose a letter and making the text in the form a wingding. Not much success yet with either one of those. I will try this method to see if I can obtain the results I am wanting.

Upvote 0
Aha, it sounds as though you are not using icons at all but you want to use a single character in a textbox as a flag.

If you do not already have a suitable textbox on your form, create one and format it as Wingdings with the appropriate point size. Now all that remains is to choose an event to trigger the formatting of your textbox. You haven't supplied enough info for me to make a suggestion about which event to use but the vba code for it would include something like
Code:
If MyControl.Value < 0 Then  'use green circle
   txtFlag.Value = [I]"CharacterForCircle"[/I]
   txtFlag.TextColor = vbGreen
Elseif MyControl >0 Then     'use red diamond
   txtFlag.Value = [I]"CharacterForDiamond"[/I]
   txtFlag.TextColor = vbRed
Else                         'use yellow triangle
   txtFlag.Value = [I]"CharacterForTriangle"[/I]
   txtFlag.TextColor = vbYellow
End If
Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
That helps tremendously.......................I really appreciate the help. Beautiful.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burgsrus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back