Adding a comment to Conditional Formatting via VBA

ctbanker

Hi All,

I'm very new to the VBA world and don't have much experience with coding. I want to do the following, but am not sure how to:

I have a column called "Classification", and if there is any text (example "Fee" or "Due Diligence") in a cell, I want a comment ("please fill either choose Loan Proceeds or Prepaid Deposit") to pop-up at the corresponding cell under "Paid From". I have Conditional Formatting set-up to make the cell red when the corresponding "Classification" cell is occupied, but that doesn't clearly state what I need done (and isn't as cool either).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please refer to a sample worksheet below...
Fees Breakdown
ClassificationPaid From:ItemDispositionAmount
FeeLoan ProceedsSBA Guarantee FeeBank Controlled Account 94,256.50
Due DiligencePrepaid DepositAppraisalGeneral Ledger Account 12,000.00
FeeLoan ProceedsUCC Search / Filing FeeBank Controlled Account 120.00
Due DiligencePrepaid DepositEnvironmentalGeneral Ledger Account 3,900.00
FeeLoan ProceedsSBA Loan Packaging FeeBank Controlled Account 2,500.00
FeePrepaid DepositFlood Determination FeeBank Controlled Account 67.50
FeeLoan ProceedsLoan Closing FeeCustomer Refund 6,569.00
FeeCOMMENT HERE 499.75
Total 119,912.75

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup>

shouldn't require inserting, the bit "SendEmail" should look for that macro name, so no need to merge them.
also dont forget to adjust the time to when it should automate, and bear in mind excel needs to be open, maybe set a windows task schedule???

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
possibly try, but cant say whether it will or wont work

<code style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, 'Lucida Console', 'Liberation Mono', 'DejaVu Sans Mono', 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono', 'Courier New', monospace, sans-serif; line-height: 14px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238); white-space: inherit; ">Sub AutoSend()
If Weekday(Now, vbMonday) < 6 Then 'check if weekday is < 6, starting by Monday with 1 (Sat = 6, Sun = 7)
Application.OnTime TimeValue("09:45:00"), ActiveWorkbook.SendMail Recipients:="abc@email.com", Subject:="Subject header" & Format(Date, "dd/mmm/yy")
End If
End Sub</code>

Upvote 0
I tried the last code you sent... when I try to run it, it pops up with a message saying "Compile Error: Syntax Error" for the second line of code.

I'm going to try to keep the two codes separate and run that as well.

As for windows task schedule, I tried that yesterday but that wouldn't work either. I may have set it up incorrectly. Thanks so much for your continued help!

Upvote 0
It worked when I kept the codes separate!!! So the way around not having to keep excel open is setting up windows task schedule??

Any way around the message which reads "A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf. If this is unexpected,..."

Upvote 0
Not sure at the moment. Let me have a look into it for you. I'll get back with some answers ref task schedule and message.

Upvote 0
A good guide to task scheduler here;

Task Scheduler - Create New Task - Windows 7 Help Forums

Think this should do the job for the warning window, gimme a sec, I'll fire up the PC and pop it in a full code

OlSecurityManager.ConnectTo OutlookApp
OlSecurityManager.DisableOOMWarnings = True
On Error Goto Finally
'... any action with protected objects ...
Finally:
OlSecurityManager.DisableOOMWarnings = False

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Code:
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Sub SendEmail_CancelWarning()
[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][COLOR=#333333][FONT=arial]
Dim OutlookApp As Object
Set OutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

OlSecurityManager.ConnectTo OutlookApp
OlSecurityManager.DisableOOMWarnings = [COLOR=blue]True
[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]On[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]Error[/COLOR] Goto [COLOR=blue]Finally
[/COLOR]ActiveWorkbook.SendMail _
Recipients:="abc@email.com", _
Subject:="Subject header" & Format(Date, "dd/mmm/yy")
[COLOR=blue]Finally[/COLOR]:
OlSecurityManager.DisableOOMWarnings = [COLOR=blue]False
[/COLOR]
End Sub[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if none of those work, i'm a bit stumped to be honest,

i would leave it as the two codes that work and try to get task scheduler to run properly.

Hope this somehow all works out

Upvote 0
Thanks again! I tried using that last code but some error was popping up. I'll try getting task scheduler to work.

Upvote 0
So I got Task Scheduler to work but can't bypass that security message. I tried the code above [Sub SendEmail_CancelWarning()], but I get this error: Run-time error '424': Object Required. Any idea what this may be?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back