Adding to the 20th visible row

DrH100

Board Regular
Hi all
I’m looking to be able to either amend the code below orhave a new code that loops through the range and identifies every 20th visible row (after the header) and adds “yes” to column “S”.

I've been able to find an alter code that identifies andselects the first 20 rows but I’ve got to be honest and say I haven’t got aclue where to start getting it to loop through the range of data (or really what the original code does but I know it works).

HTML:
Public Sub AllChanges_filter()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Sheets("AllChanges").Select

Dim lngStart As Long, lngEnd As Long

lngStart =Sheets("Sheet2").Range("a5").Value 

lngEnd =Sheets("Sheet2").Range("b13").Value 

ActiveSheet.Range("$A$1:$Q$364").AutoFilterfield:=18, Criteria1:="Y"

ActiveSheet.Range("$A$1:$Q$364").AutoFilterfield:=17, Criteria1:= "Post Approval"

ActiveSheet.Range("$A$1:$Q$364").AutoFilterfield:=16, Criteria1:="=0", Operator:=xlOr, Criteria2:="=I"

ActiveSheet.Range("$A$1:$aa$364").AutoFilterfield:=14, Criteria1:=">=" & lngStart, Operator:=xlAnd, Criteria2:="<="& lngEnd

Columns("p:p").Select

Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = True

Range("A1").Select

Sheets("SnapShot").Select

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Any ideas or help appreciated

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
How about
Code:
Sub AddYes()
   Dim Rng As Range
   Dim i As Long
   For Each Rng In Range("S2", Range("S" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).SpecialCells(xlVisible)
      i = i + 1
      If i Mod 20 = 0 Then Rng.Value = "YES"
   Next Rng
End Sub

Upvote 0
How about
Code:
Sub AddYes()
   Dim Rng As Range
   Dim i As Long
   For Each Rng In Range("S2", Range("S" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).SpecialCells(xlVisible)
      i = i + 1
      If i Mod 20 = 0 Then Rng.Value = "YES"
   Next Rng
End Sub
I wanted to see if eliminating the loop might speed things up, but it didn't as the following code (much longer than yours) runs in exactly the same amount of time as your code does (tested for 1000 rows with a random number of hidden rows... 0.02 seconds each)...
Code:
[table="width: 500"]
[tr]
	[td]Sub AddYes2()
  Dim LastRow As Long, UnusedCol As Long
  LastRow = Cells.Find("*", , xlValues, , xlRows, xlPrevious, , , False).Row
  UnusedCol = Cells.Find("*", , xlFormulas, , xlByColumns, xlPrevious, , , False).Column + 1
  With Range(Cells(2, UnusedCol), Cells(LastRow, UnusedCol))
    .Formula = "=SUBTOTAL(103,A$2:A2)"
    .Value = Evaluate("IF(MOD(" & .Address & ",20)=0,""Yes"","""")")
    Intersect(Columns("S"), .SpecialCells(xlConstants).EntireRow).Value = "YES"
    .Clear
  End With
End Sub[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Rick, just a quick question...
Are you pasting your code differently lately as it has been losing it's formatting when I look at it (it actually has table tags when looking at it in reply with quote)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I get a YES on all visible rows.
It outputs the "row number" in correctly, but the evaluate then turns them all into "yes"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Rick, just a quick question...
Are you pasting your code differently lately as it has been losing it's formatting when I look at it (it actually has table tags when looking at it in reply with quote)?
Check it again... when I first posted this, I had edited something and accidentally removed the "[/" from the beginning of the "[/CODE]" tag. When I replaced those two characters, the listing "straightened out"... so I'm thinking you saw it in between my original posting and my edited posting.

I get a YES on all visible rows.
It outputs the "row number" in correctly, but the evaluate then turns them all into "yes"
I assumed there were values in Column A to guide the counting processes. If you don't have values in that column, then I think you will get the output you saw... with values in Column A, I get the same output as your code generates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Check it again... when I first posted this, I had edited something and accidentally removed the "[/" from the beginning of the "[/CODE]" tag. When I replaced those two characters, the listing "straightened out"... so I'm thinking you saw it in between my original posting and my edited posting.

Still the same I am afraid and I have noticed it with a few of your recent posts which I have never had any issues with the way your code displays previously. See below...

https://imgur.com/Ka83M9N

Ka83M9N.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Must be something odd about my data.
If A2 is hidden, all rows visible rows get Yes, but if A2 is visible only the 20th row gets yes

Upvote 0
@MARK858
Rick's code looks normal to me & nothing like the image you've posted, regardless of which display mode I use.

Upvote 0
@MARK858
Rick's code looks normal to me & nothing like the image you've posted, regardless of which display mode I use.

A bit strange it must be an update with IE as it looks better in Chrome, just weird that it isn't affecting other posts.

Image from Chrome...

oI2Ljwj.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandan4057

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back