Adjust axes on automatically updating chart

Drew_

Board Regular
Hi all.

I have a chart that will have up to 60 entries. The chart will update automatically whenever a new entry is made. I accomplished this task 2 ways, by using the OFFSET function and also setting up my data in a table. The chart works great, but my x-axis scales up to 60, because that is my data range. Because of this, my lines look really tiny for the first few entries.

What I want to accomplish is set my x-axis to say, 5, then when the 6th entry is made, the x-axis will automatically stretch to 10. When the 11th entry is made, the x-axis will stretch to 15, and so on and so forth. Is this possible? I've tried manually adjusting the axis length but it won't change automatically and I'm wondering if there's a way to do that. Thanks

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
dynamic charting automatically plots the exact number of data points so if you have 3 the chart has only 3 and if you add one more it plots 4

look at barbara dalgleish's site, and maybe jon peltier's

Upvote 0
Okay I looked at jon's website, and he talks about VBA and writing code and macros, and that is way over my head. Essentially, I have 60 rows and 3 columns, and each row has a formula in it that will populate with data when an entry is made on another sheet. Since my data range is all 60 rows, my chart displays all 60 entries. My graph is a Scatter with Straight Lines and Markers

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back