After using Find, typed values do not display until switching sheets.

rossi789

Hi,

I have been passed a problem by a colleague. They use Find to locate a cell, then enter a value alongside this cell but these values do not display in the cell. They do display in the formula bar.

The values appear when switching to another sheet and back again.

This only seems to occur after using Find. After switching sheets values can be typed and appear immediately but only until Find is used again.

The problem is limited to a single workbook. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
If no one else is able to look at it before then, I will try to take a look at it when I am at home and available (may not be until tonight or tomorrow).

Upvote 0
Everything seems to work fine for me on Xl2013

Upvote 0
I have Excel 2016 / 365 at home, so it will be interesting to see if it is a version issue.

Upvote 0
Thanks for trying. I will also try at home with 2013. All the work PCs are 2016/365 so could it be a new patch which has caused this?

Upvote 0
I see what you mean.
That is very odd, not sure why it is doing that. If I create a new sheet it does not do that.
Seems like some sort of bug to me, with no Conditional Formatting or VBA. I tried removing the Filters, but that didn't help.
I wonder if it was something that just didn't convert properly between different version of Excel.

Upvote 0
Excel 2016 - via Office 365

The workbook had been .xls for many years but in March was changed to .xlsm. This behaviour has occured in the last 3 or 4 weeks but also occurs in archived versions of the file, both .xls and .xlsm.

Patches are up to date and the behaviour has been tested on multiple machines and multiple user accounts. It occurs on all of them.

Can you post a screen shot of your version and build #? Go to File > Account > About Excel.

If you're an Office Insider, you should see a Smiley face in the upper right-hand corner of the Excel pane, which will let you report to the Excel team directly. That's the direct route to the "mother ship", but if that doesn't work, then PM me.

Upvote 0
Can you post a screen shot of your version and build #? Go to File > Account > About Excel.

If you're an Office Insider, you should see a Smiley face in the upper right-hand corner of the Excel pane, which will let you report to the Excel team directly. That's the direct route to the "mother ship", but if that doesn't work, then PM me.

Version is Microsoft Excel 2016 MSO (16.0.9226.2114) 64-bit

Do you require Product ID or Session ID?

Upvote 0
I have noticed my version was released in March, which fits with the timing the error first appeared.

There was a further update released this month, I have installed this but it has not made a difference.

New version is (16.0.9330.2073)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back