=and I need some logical help

dannyok90

Board Regular
Evening all!

Im trying to create a new spread sheet and well, iv come accross my brain block..

you can see in the spreadsheet attatched. http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=84408271285290770767

Im trying to write a formula that will populate the 'F' (forcast) Column with the Weekly Spend over the weeks relative to the start and end date

i know you can do this sort of thing with =weekday and i think im onto the right sort of thing but because dates are incrementing in weeks i cant think of a way for excel to know that it needs to put the weekly spend in the columns in between the star and end date if you see what i mean, sorry i know thats pretty rubbish way of explaining!!

any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks Guys

Last edited:
Oh, and to make sure the start date is always a Friday there are two solutions which jump out at me/

Either conditional format D3 to fill in red when formula =WEEKDAY(D3,2)<>5
Or use custom data validation D3 to be formula =WEEKDAY(D4,2)=5

Both of these can be dragged down and it will copy the formatting too

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Found out why. Take your formula in F3 =IF(AND(H$1>=$D3,H$1<=$E3),$G3,"")

Your AND conditions states if it's more/less than or equal to the column date then put it in.

If you change it to
=IF(AND(H$1>=$D3,H$1<$E3),$G3,"") and drag

This will then show it in the first column H (same as the start date)

If you change it to
=IF(AND(H$1>$D3,H$1<=$E3),$G3,"") and drag

This will then show it in the second column I (same as the end date)

Also worth pointing out that the dates 03/02/17 to 10/02/17 spans 8 days i.e. Friday to Friday inclusive.

If you keep the formula as it is and just add -1 to your formula in the finish date i.e. in cell E3 put
=D3+7*F3-1

Hi, Thanks for your help!

I took your advice and i actually just changed the date formula to minus the day and that corrected the issue about double dating things!

thanks again,
Dan

Upvote 0
Happy to help. Did you see my next post about the conditional formatting or data validation?

Yes thankyou!

i sort of decided though that when i fill this in i should know that the first date needs to start on a friday and it can sort of became a standard operating procedure for whoever else might use it (and by that i mean my dad haha)

what do you think to this? im trying to add two values but its returning a #VALUE ! if one of them isnt there

5oh3lh.png

Upvote 0
Which cells are H38 and J37?

Are you sure they are correct? (At first glance it looks like they should be H38 & J38, H37 and J37, H37 and H38 or J37 and J38...)

What figure are you expecting in there?

=IF(H38="",J37,H38+J37)
So far you have: If H38 is blank then have the same value as J37. Otherwise, add H38 and J37.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
panjongshing

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back