Annoying message "Excel found a problem with one or more formula...."

tico_ocit

Board Regular
Hi there,
PLEASE HELP!!!!

I'm desperate with this annoying error messaing!

Can I make it not to show? Application.displayalerts=False , is not working!
I have named ranges, but of course, if the sheet has no data, the ranges and the graphs attached to that no work. But I know that!
I just don't want to appear!!!

Can someone tell me a work around to it?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Excel_Error.png
    Excel_Error.png
    3 KB · Views: 18

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
If DisplayAlerts = False is not doing the trick then I doubt that it can be suppressed.

Maybe some changes to your named range definitions so that they refer to an empty cell when there is no data instead of creating errors?

Upvote 0
can you provide your sheet
I really can't sorry. :(

If DisplayAlerts = False is not doing the trick then I doubt that it can be suppressed.

Maybe some changes to your named range definitions so that they refer to an empty cell when there is no data instead of creating errors?

Do you have any suggestions? I think what I'll need to do, is populate the ranges with something, like "Sample", maybe it might work, no? I didn't already do that because there is massive macro that depends on the data.

Upvote 0
Not without seeing the formulas used to define the ranges. Assuming that MATCH is involved, you could error trap it to a default value of 1.

Upvote 0
Not without seeing the formulas used to define the ranges. Assuming that MATCH is involved, you could error trap it to a default value of 1.

Ok, here an example: =OFFSET(Global!$B$5,MATCH("Compras",Global!$B$5:$B$24,0)-1,Global!$V$5-2,,Global!$V$6)
Note:
- Global V5 - first column that contains values - where starts the area
- Global V6 - number of months - The width of area.

I have this table,
Compras - Shopping and Hipermercado - Hypermarket, it's related to expenses.
I have a graph, that only appears the months that have values.

The values of the table came automatically from another sheet.

Thank you in advance! :)

Attachments

• excel_table_example.jpg
    excel_table_example.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
Based on that, the match part is going to cause an error if 'Compras' is not found, the other parts shouldn't cause errors as long as the cells referred to are either numeric or empty (blank will probably cause an error). Changing it as below should eliminate the error for this range.

=OFFSET(Global!$B$5,IFERROR(MATCH("Compras",Global!$B$5:$B$24,0)-1,1),Global!$V$5-2,,Global!$V$6)

You should be able to apply similar theory to other ranges.

Upvote 0
Based on that, the match part is going to cause an error if 'Compras' is not found, the other parts shouldn't cause errors as long as the cells referred to are either numeric or empty (blank will probably cause an error). Changing it as below should eliminate the error for this range.

=OFFSET(Global!$B$5,IFERROR(MATCH("Compras",Global!$B$5:$B$24,0)-1,1),Global!$V$5-2,,Global!$V$6)

You should be able to apply similar theory to other ranges.
It's not working, because, I have named tables too...
I going for populating the data with some sample as examples, and when run macros, clear the cells. I think it's better, otherwise I'll maybe get insane. :P

Upvote 0
Sometimes the simple way is the safest.
I get it! Like this:
=OFFSET(Global!$B$5,MATCH("Compras",Global!$B$5:$B$24,0)-1,Global!$V$5-2,,IF(Global!$V$6=0,1,))
The problem was with the width of the offset. If there is no data, Global!$V$6=0, making returning the error!
Thank you @jasonb75 ! You were really helpful!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgeeaudrey

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back