Any way to get a cell background color from 1 tab to show in a different tab cell?

bigEamurao

This might be simple one but I don't know it.

On the sheet1 tab I have the range A1 to A5 that can have any numeric value.
Along with the number, they may have a different cell color background other than the white color.

sheet1
A1 3
A2 3
A3 3 (with yellow cell background)
A4 3
A5 3 (with light blue cell background)

On sheet2, range B1 to B5 references the sheet1 values using the correct cell =Sheet1! ex: B1 =Sheet1!A1

So... the numbers show on the sheet2 cells but how do I get the cell background color to show yellow or light blue?

Thank in advance.

E

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
How were the cells coloured in the first place, manually, by conditional formatting or VBA ??

You could copy the coloured cell, then Paste special>> formats on the new cell !!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply Michael. Here is a little more clarity...

In sheet1 (the data entry page) all changes are made manually. I put in the numbers and I change the color of the cells. In sheet2, the page is set up to look exactly like the finished product I need. I want to make all the changes 1 time on sheet1 to show on the final product sheet2. Ex: If sheet1 cell z15 is the number 4 with a yellow cell, I need to make cell c3 in sheet2 show the number 4 in yellow too.

So in reality, sheet1 may have hundreds of entry items that I put into sheet1 (data from paper questionnaires). Sheet2 is set up exactly how I need it to be to capture all the data in a format that can be added to a master file.

Is there something to add to the sheet2 cell formula (or any other way at this point) to also capture the manually changed cell color on the corresponding sheet1 cell?

Thank you,

Erwin A

Upvote 0
I think you'll nee to use VBA to do this, unless I'm misunderstanding the post !

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerifiedBleachersAttendee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back