Apply Conditional Formatting in sequence

Blumreich

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to apply multiple conditional formats in sequence in Excel. I have a series of numbers (bids) listed in columns. Each column corresponds to a specific company, each row (700 of them) is a manufacturing product with price bidding from each company. I have an extra column wich references the bids and choses the lowest bid (MIN value). I then wish to format the cells so that if the bid price matches the lowest bid then the cell will be filled green with dark green text. I can do a format of the first cell in the row, and drag it to the last cell in the row - applying the format to the entire row. Is there a way to format all of the rows in sequence without having to enter the conditional format to each row individually? Or will I have to do each of the 700 products/rows?:confused:

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
A

You can use conditional formating!
Select all the data column were you want to Do the format and then in the conditional format box, select "Use formula"
and type
=A1=MIN($A$1:$A$700)

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to apply multiple conditional formats in sequence in Excel. I have a series of numbers (bids) listed in columns. Each column corresponds to a specific company, each row (700 of them) is a manufacturing product with price bidding from each company. I have an extra column wich references the bids and choses the lowest bid (MIN value). I then wish to format the cells so that if the bid price matches the lowest bid then the cell will be filled green with dark green text. I can do a format of the first cell in the row, and drag it to the last cell in the row - applying the format to the entire row. Is there a way to format all of the rows in sequence without having to enter the conditional format to each row individually? Or will I have to do each of the 700 products/rows?:confused:

Upvote 0
Blumreich - I think what you are asking, Do you have to apply/build that conditional format for every row? - No you don't.
If you create your conditional format in the first row, copy all of the cells (in that row) that are applying the conditional format.

then highlight all of the other rows, Paste Special, the Formats. this will apply that conditional format in the first row to the rest of the selected area.

HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chase S

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back