Auto archive data to new sheet when over a certain time period

BooBoo14

Hi there,
I would be grateful if anyone could possibly help?

I currently have one sheet on excel where certain action points are kept for review. After 5 years, these action points no longer need to be reviewed and I want to insert a macro /VBA where the whole row of data will automatically archive to the separate "archive" sheet after the implementation date has passed 5 years.
The actions also need to be 5 years by year only, not exactly 5 years (1825 days) from today's date. For example, as it is 2018, I need to keep data for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. Once the 2019 year begins, I would like all of the action points from 2013, and related data on the row, to automatically archive to the "archive" sheet. This will leave me with data of action points from 2014 - 2019 (5 year period). I would like this to be in place to ensure that staff do not carry on conducting time consuming reviews on data which is over the required 5 year time frame.
I am having issues with creating a VBA to auto archive anything date related, but especially year only related. Most of the examples I have seen are a certain time frame in days from today's date, which is not what I require. I want to archive any rows which contain a date (under the date of implementation category) which is over 5 years from the current year.
I would really appreciate any assistance with the above

Many thanks

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
I could post the sheet of the workbook I am referring to if this would help?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back