Auto Populate an Annual Budget

WayneR

Using Excel 2010

First and most importantly, I need to auto populate a spreadsheet representing a full year / 365 days from a data set.

Secondly, if a specific data item changes, whether the amount changes or the payment day changes, I need it to automatically update the spreadsheet through the entire year.

Does the following require a massive 'If' formula that needs to be applied to every destinaton cell?

Data Set:

Days of Month Payment Schedule......Vendor A.....Vendor B.....Vendor C
..................1................................ $100........... $50........... $10
..................2................................ $150........... $75........... $20
..................3.................................$ 0..............$20............$16
..................4.................................$ 0..............$ 0.............$ 0 (No payments on the 4th)
..................5.................................$ 30............$60.............$10
.................etc

The calendar below will show all 365 days while the payment schedule above may only have 15 days where there are required payment entries, so there is no need to list all 31 days in the data set, (you could eliminate the 4th in the example above), unless thats the best way to set it up.

Result Needed:
Need to auto populate the following spreadsheet from the data set above (to populate entire year), i.e., if the day is the 1st, the auto entry for Vendor A is $100, Vendor B $50 and for Vendor C $10 for every month, per the data set above.

365 Day Calendar of Scheduled Payments

Date........Vendor A......Vendor B......Vendor C
1/1/14
1/2/14
1/3/14
etc

2/1/14
2/2/14
2/3/14
ect

3/1/14
3/2/14
3/3/14
etc

If you could provide an appropriate formula, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Remove the references to sheet names dataset! and YearList! and make sure the cell references are correct. Use "trace precidents' on the formula ribbon.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
You're an absolute GENIUS !!!!!!!!!!!!! The formula worked perfectly!!!!!!!

I took the two references out and it ran absolutely beautifully. I'm going to keep both formulas so that I can set it up either way.

I can tell you that I tried to do this on my own and was completely baffled. When I saw your original formula, I immediately realized that I was so far off from figuring out the solution on my own, that it was clear it was never going to happen without your help.

YOU ROCK and I really appreciate your help!!!!

With your formula, I can apply an excellent, automated solution to my budget forecast spreadsheet.

Thank you!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satyam7054

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back