Auto Summary from non Blank cells

jason8490

Hi all

I have created a comparison sheet and compares my old one from last week to the new one I create for this week.
It populates cells with the differences and shows me the data from the new sheet. But since my they are so massive A5:AZ20,000 I want to create an auto summary or something.
I've googled and googled and just cant find anything.
Column A has each properties Unique Identifier And the rest is various info for the property. I would like it to return my unique ID and then the columns with new data that has showed up from the comparison some are text and some are numbers.

Also I am using Excel 2010.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Hi all

I have created a comparison sheet and compares my old one from last week to the new one I create for this week.
It populates cells with the differences and shows me the data from the new sheet. But since my they are so massive A5:AZ20,000 I want to create an auto summary or something.
I've googled and googled and just cant find anything.
Column A has each properties Unique Identifier And the rest is various info for the property. I would like it to return my unique ID and then the columns with new data that has showed up from the comparison some are text and some are numbers.

Also I am using Excel 2010.

Try to post a 10-row illustrative data along with the results you want to see.

Upvote 0
...A.....B.... C.... D.... E.... F.... G.... H.... I.... J
...ID.... type.... Value.... Bid.... Overbid.... ytd.... LTV
2 .11
3 .12............... 100
4 .13
5 .14
6 .15
7 .16.....RESD.................................................. 8%
8 .17
9 .18..........................1000
10 .19

I want to pick up the info that has changed between this weeks and last weeks sheets.
So if those values popped up thats because someone input something wrong or there was an adjustment.
Theres lots of blanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've been messing around with something like =IF(ROWS($1:1)<=COUNTIF(Add_File!$BC$2:$BC$20000,1),INDEX(Add_File!$AW$2:$AW$20000,SMALL(IF(Add_File!$BC$2:$BC$20000=1,ROW(Add_File!$BC$2:$BC$20000)-ROW(Add_File!$BC$2)+1),ROWS($1:1))),"")

Upvote 0
...A.....B.... C.... D.... E.... F.... G.... H.... I.... J
...ID.... type.... Value.... Bid.... Overbid.... ytd.... LTV
2 .11
3 .12............... 100
4 .13
5 .14
6 .15
7 .16.....RESD.................................................. 8%
8 .17
9 .18..........................1000
10 .19

I want to pick up the info that has changed between this weeks and last weeks sheets.
So if those values popped up thats because someone input something wrong or there was an adjustment.
Theres lots of blanks.

I've been messing around with something like =IF(ROWS($1:1)<=COUNTIF(Add_File!$BC$2:$BC$20000,1),INDEX(Add_File!$AW$2:$AW$20000,SMALL(IF(Add_File!$BC$2:$BC$20000=1,ROW(Add_File!$BC$2:$BC$20000)-ROW(Add_File!$BC$2)+1),ROWS($1:1))),"")

It's hard to understand the exhibit you posted. A better exhibit would be better, along with the concrete results you want to see.

Upvote 0
It's hard to understand the exhibit you posted. A better exhibit would be better, along with the concrete results you want to see.

Comparison Sheet
abcdefgh
IDAddressvalueBidOverbidytdLTVRow Blank Count
1121235 Maple St.1004
51615001%4
617555 Jefferson5

<tbody>
</tbody>

Summery Sheet
IDChanged Value 1Changed Value 2Changed Value 3Changed Value 4
12AddressBid
14Value
16YTDLTV
17Address
18Overbid

<tbody>
</tbody>

I hope this helps a bit more. The Comparison sheet compares two sheets in the same book they show the same headings and number of rows and so on so fourth. The comparison does a =IF(VLOOKUP($B7,'CurrentCopy'!$A$5:$BA$20000,6,0)<>VLOOKUP($B7,'PreviousCopy'!$A$5:$BA$20000,6,0),VLOOKUP($B7,'CurrentCopy!$A$5:$BA$20000,6,0),"") so you see it returns blanks if there has been no change. But i want the summary to return the ID number that has had a change and tell me which column there has been a discrepancy in so I dont need to search thru or filter thru all the blanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rehanahmadawan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back