Autofilling a Summary Sheet from Multiple Tabs Automatically, By Naming Convention

JasonPDXOR

Hello,

I've been searching for an answer for this for a while and still have not found anything. I don't know to explain what I'm looking for exactly so that could be my problem.

Here is what I am looking for:

I have a Workbook with a summary page that looks similar to this: (It will have tabs named by the date)

DayDateRoutesDriversShuttlesTotalProfitAverage
Tue5-1-18282434$1704$1704
Wed5-2-18263332$1650$1677
Thu5-3-18262230$1689$1681
Fri5-4-18

<tbody>
</tbody>

I'm hoping that when I create a tab for 5-3-18 I can have all the date from the new sheet fill in to this summary sheet. The data will not move from cell to cell depending on the tab because they will all have the same format.

For example: If I create a new tab with the name of 5-4-18 all the information that I fill in will automatically populate row five above on my summary tab.

Thank you ahead of time for any help you may provide.

Jason in PDX OR

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Because I don't know how your newly created sheet will be organized, I have to make some assumptions. Your summary sheet will be named "Summary". I am assuming that your newly created sheet will have the following headers in row 1 of columns A to F.

Routes Drivers Shuttles Total Profit Average

You will enter your data in row 2 under each header and exit the cell after the last entry. The newly created sheet will be named "5-4-18" (no quotes).

Copy and paste this macro into the worksheet code module. Do the following: right click the tab for your "5-4-18" sheet and click 'View Code'. Paste the macro into the empty code window that opens up. Close the code window to return to your sheet. Enter the data in row 2 and exit each cell. The "Summary" sheet will be automatically updated. You will have to copy this macro in the same way to each newly created sheet. I tested the macro on the data you posted and it worked properly. It may not work on your actual workbook. It is always easier to help and test possible solutions if we could work with your actual file. Perhaps you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com. or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Include a detailed explanation of what you would like to do referring to specific cells and worksheets. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Intersect(Target, Range("A2:F2")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    Dim strdate As String
    strdate = ActiveSheet.Name
    Dim foundDate As Range
    Set foundDate = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B:B").Find(CDate(strdate), LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlWhole)
    Select Case Target.Column
        Case Is = 1
            foundDate.Offset(0, 1) = Target
        Case Is = 2
            foundDate.Offset(0, 2) = Target
        Case Is = 3
            foundDate.Offset(0, 3) = Target
        Case Is = 4
            foundDate.Offset(0, 4) = Target
        Case Is = 5
            foundDate.Offset(0, 5) = Target
        Case Is = 6
            foundDate.Offset(0, 6) = Target
    End Select
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back