Automate copying from a cell in excel and pasting into a textbox in Chrome

Grisego

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I need help automating a manual task - it is taking a decimal from each of 52 cells in excel and pasting it into each of 52 text boxes on a webpage. I have to do this 240 times, which is quite daunting.

This is what the Excel I am pasting from looks like:\
Week percent
10.00%
20.00%
30.00%
41.80%
50.91%
63.87%
71.18%
81.81%
90.00%

This is what the page and text boxes look like:
1627409829216.png

How would I go about doing this? (note, it doesn't matter if the format is .91 or .91%)

I am veeery inexperienced, so if anyone can walk me through step by step, you'll be a lifesaver.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
How do I obtain that information?

And once I know that, considering that I only want to input the data but not actually do anything else (such as hit "Ok" or "enter" or "continue" or any other queue at the end of the webpage), do you know what code I can write and how to input it?

Upvote 0
Hello,

I need help automating a manual task - it is taking a decimal from each of 52 cells in excel and pasting it into each of 52 text boxes on a webpage. I have to do this 240 times, which is quite daunting.

This is what the Excel I am pasting from looks like:\
Week percent
10.00%
20.00%
30.00%
41.80%
50.91%
63.87%
71.18%
81.81%
90.00%

This is what the page and text boxes look like:
View attachment 43645

How would I go about doing this? (note, it doesn't matter if the format is .91 or .91%)

I am veeery inexperienced, so if anyone can walk me through step by step, you'll be a lifesaver.
You'd need to know what the textbox names are so you can reference them by tag (or name). Here's a question found online that appears to be similar to your question: Excel Noob Copy Excel Cell to HTML text box
So I presume I can get that with Ctrl+U, and then how do I go about automating?

Upvote 0
HTML coding is a whole different ball game than visual basic. I would suggest that you right click the textbox and Inspect (Q in Firefox) the control to see its info. I can't speak to how to code VBA to interact with HTML/CSS coding languages, which is why I provided an alternate source for a solution. Perhaps there are some folks on the forum who know how to get your problem automated, but I figured it'd be better to try to point you in the right direction than just leave you waiting for an answer.

Upvote 0
HTML coding is a whole different ball game than visual basic. I would suggest that you right click the textbox and Inspect (Q in Firefox) the control to see its info. I can't speak to how to code VBA to interact with HTML/CSS coding languages, which is why I provided an alternate source for a solution. Perhaps there are some folks on the forum who know how to get your problem automated, but I figured it'd be better to try to point you in the right direction than just leave you waiting for an answer.
Thanks for your help, I've been trying to figure applying that one out and will see how it works out for me! Has some key differences :/

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back