Automate copying values between sheets

wilhelmgras

At the moment I am trying to predict a league table, based on the results of all (n=306) the individual games. For each game, I have (in Sheet 1) an expected goals value for the home team (G2:G307) and away team (H2:H307).
In Sheet 2, I have a 11x11 poisson distribution to calculate the odds for individual games. Cells A9-A19 and B8-L8 have the values 0-10 in them. Cell B9 (top left corner of distribution) has the following formula: =POISSON.DIST($A9,$P$2,0)*POISSON.DIST(B$8,$P$3,0) where cell P2 has the expected home goals (from Sheet 1), and P3 the expected away goals. The other cells of the distribution are the same with A9/B8 updated. After entering those data from Sheet 1 into P2 and P3, I use a simple summation to calculate the chance of a home win(O9)/draw(O10)/away win(O11), which I subsequently copy back to Sheet 1 (where I intend to do a MC simulation when I have all the predictions).

My question is this: how can I automate copying all 306 expected goal sets from Sheet 1 to cells P2 and P3 in Sheet 2, and then copy back the values in O9-O11 to sheet 1? As I intend to update my league prediction every week, I would like to avoid manually copying everything back and forth.
A direct answer would be fantastic, although I am also happy with links to instructions from where I should be able to figure it out by myself. I know of the existence of Macro's, but recording one didn't work out for me.

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back