Automatic annual update

Montanes

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have 60 vehicles all due for inspection every 6 weeks (10 per week).

What i want to do is to be able to print a page every week that will show me what vehicles were inspected last week (so i can double check they were done), whats due to be inspected this week (so i can inform the engineers which to expect) and what will be due next week (so i can inform the drivers to bring them in).

That in itself is easy enough as i could simply have them booked against week numbers every 6 weeks but that will fall out of place when we start the new year so how do i get it to update automatically so i don't need to re-write it all every year?

Also, i need to consider that some vehicles may be replaced with newer vehicles throughout the year, but for the avoidance of doubt these too would be subject to 6 weekly inspections.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Not knowing what your formula is, I'd say it would most likely be an IF statement to reset the number. =IF(A1+6>52,A1-46,A1+6)

Although, if you were adding 42 days to a date, the annual reset wouldn't matter, but might be harder to get the week # for your employees.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyko

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back