AVG within parameters

Brown

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
I have a question i know you guys can answer.
I have a column of random numbers (test scores) and I need to find the percentage of 90-99, 80-89, 70-79, 0-69

is there a way to have excel take the list of numbers, sort them (fingers crossed), and then find the percentage of A's (i.e. 90-99) from the given total of scores entered? The number of tests will be different for each teacher.

I hope this makes sense. the more i can do before sending to people who are not good with excel will help greatly.
Thanks
Brown

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
I have a column of random numbers (test scores) and I need to find the percentage of 90-99, 80-89, 70-79, 0-69
See if this does what you want.

With the list of scores in column A, select 4 vertical cells (I have used C2:C5), enter the formula shown in the formula bar, without the surrounding {}, and confirm with Ctrl+Shift+Enter, not just Enter. If confirmed correctly Excel will insert the surrounding {} and fill all 4 cells. Note that this is not one cell entered then copied down.

I have manually entered the grades in column D.

Excel Workbook
ABCD
1Score%Grade
22610%D
39520%C
49240%B
57530%A
Grade %

Upvote 0
this is what i have built.
i want to be able to give it to other teachers and have them type in their scores and return the data i need, without having to do all of it manually

[IMG

G][/IMG]

Upvote 0
this is what i have built.
i want to be able to give it to other teachers and have them type in their scores and return the data i need, without having to do all of it manually
Can't tell a real lot from just looking at a picture, but it seems like my suggestion should do what you want. Have you tried it?

Upvote 0
Can't tell a real lot from just looking at a picture, but it seems like my suggestion should do what you want. Have you tried it?

Myabe easier to run...

In C2 just enter and copy down:

=IF($D2="","",INDEX(FREQUENCY($A$2:$A$11,{69,79,89,100}),ROWS($C$2:C2))/COUNT($A$2:$A$11))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back