bad formula to graph

carnahanad

OK, the short of it is this; cells with zero don't graph well. Yes, I've tried "",NA(),0.....It's not the fact that I'm getting a plot with these points, it's that thoe whole plot is plotting incorrectly. I'll explain.

I keep track of these group activities that 3 to 10 people participate in. It's always some number of the same 3 to 10 people. These people get a score for the activity. I have an entry tab in which I have in column A the date and columns B to K the Names of the people. I keep track of the daily score on this sheet. Now, I have seperate tabs for each individual. On the individual tab I have in column A, a date formula that pulls directly from the Entry tab; if("entry tabRC"="","",entry tabRC). So if I've entered the date in the entry tab, the date will show up on the individual tab. I have a very similar formula on the individual tab for the number of people that participate and the score for that day for that individual. Because the individual does not participate every day he ends up with a blank entry from time to time. Now, when I try to do a scatter plot of this individual with group size on the x and individual score on the y, I would expect to get a graph that has many data points over the integers 3 through 10. however, what I get is what appears to be a scatter plot that treats each individual data point like a new point. For example, if I have 100 entries for a person the x axis goes to 100 and no data points stack on top of each other like I'd expect. If I add two new columns and manually enter the number of participants in one and the score in the other, it graphs exactly how I would expect. I would rather not have to do the manual entry for all the participants. Any suggestions????

I know that was long winded. If I need to, I can post an example, but it will take awhile.

Thanks for the help, I've learned alot from these boards in the past!

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbbtz28

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back