Best approach for top sales deals?

maverick15

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi -

Thank you in advance for the help. I'm working on a sales runbook that combines actual and pipeline data to get to a forecast for the quarter. The sales leaders need to be able to determine, at a specific opportunity level, if an opportunity is going to close this quarter or not. If it will close, we'll take the "full" amount of the deal, if it won't close, we'll set the amount to 0, and if it might close, we'll take a weighted amount (specific field).

Right now I've been managing this by creating a pivot table of the top deals, then copying the data to another tab where I'm showing the pivot table info plus having a column where they can add a Y/N to each row. I think do a VLOOKUP on that row and update a column in the backend data, which adjusts the call $ amount based on the Y/N value (blank just takes the weighted amount).

I'd really like to use the original pivot so I don't have to keep copying/pasting each week when we update the data, however if they filter the pivot, the rows change and any comment they put in gets mixed up.

The workbook is being edited in Teams as well as in Excel, so I don't think VBA is an option.

I'm moving to using a Data Model for the backend data, but can have the source data "call" column update via the lookup method I'm using.

Is there a better way to do this? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
This smells like a Power Query job to me. Build a table with the top n deals and a blank Y/N column.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap N

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back