Best VBA option to compare multiple cells on multiple sheets and return results

AuntSteph

This is my first post and I haven't found what I need by researching, so I thought I would submit a post. I have a workbook with two spreadsheets. The first contains specific information about a medical claim (year of the claim (column "N", diagnosis codes columns ("R" -"AP"). On the second spreadsheet it lists all of the diagnosis codes and the year that it met specific criteria.

The second spreadsheet will have one row per diagnosis code per year for a total of 60800 rows. What I need to do is check the claim year on sheet 1 (Column "N" with the year on sheet 2 (Column "A") and if that matches, then I need to compare the dx on sheet 2 (column "E") with the diagnosis codes on sheet 1 ("R" - "AP"). If that diagnosis does not match, then I need to look at the next row on sheet 2 to see if that year matches the year on my claim. I need to do this for 65 rows on sheet 1.

If there is a match, I need to change the cell color on sheet 1 for the matched diagnosis code.

I don't know if I need a jagged array, a rectangular array, a simple series of if then statements. I am relatively new to VBA and I am totally in over my head.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and guidance!

No, you can run the code as you like, as long as its in the right workbook.:-
Your data need to be in the same columns as shown in the example for both sheets.
if you just replace "my data" with yours, you should get the required result.
Failing that you will need to send an example file with "Box.com"

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Well color me red and knock me over with a feather. Even though the year was listed in the same format on both sheets, it wasn't until I entered in the year again and copied and pasted what I typed in all appropriate cells that it matched. I only discovered that because I decided I would do a simple match/index to get the data the long way. I don't know WHY it wasn't recognizing the same format - I had even done a concatenate on the cells just because I am in the habit of doing that when using the match function. So excited it is working now. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!! I appreciate your patience and assistance!

Stephanie

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back