build a tracking tool on Excel

smsmworld

Hello

i was wondering if you can help me with my dilemma. i run a small website with a small team of just two people, but i want to make sure they are updating our main attraction on the homepage regularly and be able to track that meticulously. this main attraction is square shaped and consists of about 30 slides users can flick through and each slide offers different content.

my request is, can we build an excel sheet where all team members can go in and have for example each slide number on column A from 1 to 30. then there would be a timer for each slide and a checkbox or a button beside each timer.

what i imagine the solution to track their updates without putting extra effort on them, is have them go to that excel sheet click on the button or mark the check mark beside each slide name and the timer would reset to zero and start counting the time between each click on the button.

and to help me track efficiency the excel sheet would record the period between each click for each slide by day and mark the cell in red if the time went over a specific limit.

sorry for such a long message, i'm not even sure if this is the best visualization to what i'm trying to achieve. if you have any ideas or examples to help, please share them with me.

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back