Building a UTM based on selections in a form

J7House1984

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am building a tool that the user can use to create a UTM based on criteria they have selected. I have created a list validation for 2 fields that depending on which the previous selection. The selection is dynamic so what ever is chosen as a "Channel" then the "Description" list will only populate based off the corresponding "Channel" fields. I've gotten this to work by turning "Channel" and "Description" into tables. The issue I have now is that when I concatenate the website and the correlating result based on another table using a VLOOKUP I get NA#. The formula I am using is as follows:
Excel Formula:
=B9&VLOOKUP(Channel_Option[Channel]&Description_Option[Description],Concat_Tbl[#All],4,0)

Before I built the tables to get the dynamic selection to work my formula worked. That formula was:
Excel Formula:
=B9&VLOOKUP(B12&B15,'UTM_TH_Online Appt List'!A$2$:D$13$,4,0)

I can't seem to figure out how to get all this to work together. Please advise as to what I am not doing correctly. I tried to be as descriptive as possible so please let me know if you have any questions and I will try my best to answer them.

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Glad to hear you got the solution.

If you would like to post your solution then it is perfectly fine to mark that post as the solution to help future readers. Otherwise, please do not mark a post that doesn't contain a solution.

Upvote 0
The solution to the issue was the data one of the columns had an extra space in the cell that did not need to be there as well as in the vlookup table array was set as a table and I set it to a range and it that solved the issue.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back