Calculate Cost of Lifetime Cover over 15 years for Dog Insurance

lotsmac

Hi. Please can anyone help?

The dog is one. Last year cover was £115.08 for the year and this year has been quoted as £128.88 which is an increase of nearly 12%. It seems from search of the web that by the age of 8 the premium will have increased by about 34% and when he is 15 it will have increased by about 56%.

I would like a spreadsheet showing the total amount I will have paid by the time the dog is 15 so I can make a decision whether to continue life cover.
Have been trying but my maths/spreadsheet skills are not up to it.

If there is someone who enjoys this sort of thing I would be very grateful for your help.

Many thanks.;)

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
If that increase remains constant, you could put 115.06 in A1, 128.88 in B1, and in B2, calculate the increase using: =(B1-A1)/A1

Then, in C1 and fill across the columns to O1: =B1*(1+$B$2) and you'll see at 15 in column O the amount will be 563.09 based on a continual increase of about 12%.

Upvote 0
If that increase remains constant, you could put 115.06 in A1, 128.88 in B1, and in B2, calculate the increase using: =(B1-A1)/A1

Then, in C1 and fill across the columns to O1: =B1*(1+$B$2) and you'll see at 15 in column O the amount will be 563.09 based on a continual increase of about 12%.

That is extremely kind of you and I appreciate that. I will try this out.

Many thanks :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back