Calculate total spend for variables on summary page

Cashbrooke

Hi,

I’m in the process of developing a reporting template and have become stuck. I’m working with a fixed report format and so have to produce a summary from separate tabs.

I need to calculate the total spend for a specific quarter or year, depending on the value chooses from a drop down list on a summary sheet. IE, the user indicates that the’re reporting on Q2 2018, and the summary sheet pulls data from the specific cell on a separate tab.

Thanks for your help!

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Additional: I can see how to do this if I can indexmatch against cell names rather than cell contents - I presume that’s not feasible, however?

Upvote 0
My apologies for continuing to edit this thread - I’ve continued to work on my issue, and found a solution that works for at least the first value I need to be able to pull through. I’ve constructed a indexmatch against two criteria:

{=INDEX('Financial Summary'!B6:S6,MATCH(1,(L2='Financial Summary'!B4:S4)*(M2='Financial Summary'!B5:S5),0))}

which correctly reports the right value from cell B6 when matching against the values in B4 and B5. However, trying to match against B4 and C5 (should be C6), results in a N/A error.

I presume I’m making a logic error here - any guidance would be appreciated!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mari_mariou

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back