calculating rolling run out dates of stock

ADAMC

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all, I have a very simple spread sheet I have to look at daily and I wondered if anyone might be able to help me with a formula or macro which can save me endless hours working things out?

Basically, I have a stock report which I am looking to create a line of balance for.

A1 - TODAYS DATE
B3 - Material number
C3 - daily usage of material
D4 - CURRENT STOCK LEVEL
E4 - NEXT DELIVERY DATE
F4 NEXT DELIVERY QUANTITY
G4 2ND DELIVERY DATE
H4 2ND DELIVERY DATE

Basically I want to know from the current date, with stock I have at the daily usage in column C whether I will make it to the delivery date in E4 or what gap will I have and then after the next delivery on stock I will have on the delivery date will I make it to the second delivery date and if not what gap will I have?

At the moment lets say:
Part number ABC123 I use 10 a day of these and I have a delivery of 100 in 9 days exactly - my stock gap is minus 1 because I have 10 left |(an extra day) but my second delivery is 12 days out for 100pcs so if you include the 10 I had in stock from the previous delivery I have a 1 day gap.

I hope this makes sense and someone can help me. columns on my spreadsheet are exactly as above and no columns are used beyond H.

Thank you

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
can anyone help at all? All I want to do in simplest term is calculate an absolute run out date based on:

PART NUMBER
CURRENT STOCK
DAILY USAGE
DELIVERY DATE
DELIVERY QUANTITY
FOLLOW ON DATE
FOLLOW ON QTY
So maybe a formula? I would enter part number daily usage and any future supply chain deliveries I had and it would work out with my daily usage and current stock and tell me if I had any delivery gaps or what my absolute run out date including all deliveries?

Like a rolling total but including future delivery dates and quantities.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back