Can you make pictures jump to the following page

dpaton05

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a spreadsheet with lines that get inserted into a table. At the bottom I have signatures that need to be pushed down if the new lines added to the table reach them. Is there a way to make the signatures remain stationary until the lines meet them and then get pushed to the bottom of the following page? The signatures are in an active x control.

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Just pushing this to the top of the list of questions again so someone who knows how to do this may see it.

Thanks,
Dave

Upvote 0
The table is at the top of the page and when then inserted lines reach the signatures, I then want them pushed to the bottom of the next page.

Upvote 0
What kind of activeX control are the signatures in ?

How many rows & columns does your table have ?

Will the table always be the same size on each sheet ?

I'm not certain what direction to go with the solution ... can't say I've ever tackled anything like this but perhaps with
enough information I might be able to assist.

Upvote 0
What kind of activeX control are the signatures in ?

How many rows & columns does your table have ?

Will the table always be the same size on each sheet ?

I'm not certain what direction to go with the solution ... can't say I've ever tackled anything like this but perhaps with
enough information I might be able to assist.

1. The signatures are saved as jpg files and are stored in an (image) active x control.
  2. The table has 8 columns and starts with just one row. As more rows are needed. I have a button that adds more rows to the table and when the rows meet the signatures, I want them pushed to the bottom of the following page, just above the footer. The lines will then be added to the table until they reach the signatures on the following page and then they will be pushed to the bottom of the next page.
  3. I also was wondering, is there a way to make the images a png file? I know you can insert a png file through insert image but it doesn't have all the features an active x control image does. Is there a way I could make this work with just using the insert-image function?

Upvote 0
I noticed where you have cross posted your request to another Forum and a gentleman there suggested simply storing the signature image
and moving it manually as needed.

Is there a specific reason for moving the image via code ? What would the advantage be ?

Concerning the type of image ... If you have a .PNG image and want to use it in the Image Control, you can always convert it to another format
with free software downloads or there are websites that will let you do it for free.

???

Upvote 0
I noticed where you have cross posted your request to another Forum and a gentleman there suggested simply storing the signature image
and moving it manually as needed.

Is there a specific reason for moving the image via code ? What would the advantage be ?

Concerning the type of image ... If you have a .PNG image and want to use it in the Image Control, you can always convert it to another format
with free software downloads or there are websites that will let you do it for free.

???

It is going to be used by people that are not very good with excel so i wanted to automate as much as I could.

It appears that the quality slightly reduces when changed to a jpg, but if a png file can't be used, that's fine.

Upvote 0
Just pushing this thread to the top again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This macro will position a PNG image in the cell indicated.

For testing purposes the cell is presently set at F46.

Code:
Sub CenterInCell()

Dim myImage As Shape
Dim cellLocation As Range

Set myImage = ActiveSheet.Shapes("Picture1")
Set cellLocation = ActiveSheet.Range("F46")

myImage.Top = cellLocation.Top + (cellLocation.Height / 2) - (myImage.Height / 2)
myImage.Left = cellLocation.Left + (cellLocation.Width / 2) - (myImage.Width / 2)

End Sub

The code is generic in nature. The PNG image does not need to be placed inside an ActiveX Image Control.
The PNG image can be pasted directly to the worksheet.

The only thing required now is to know which cell the PNG image should be placed in .... and determine a
convenient method of activating the macro.

For example: is there any reason why the PNG image cannot be located at the bottom of all sheets in the workbook rather than
having to move it from one sheet to another ?

If the image must be moved from one sheet to another, would the presence of a command button at the bottom of each worksheet
present a problem ? Each button would be connected to the macro. The user would only need to click the button to create the PNG signature
image at the bottom of the sheet.

If any of the sheets need to be printed with the signature, the command button should not appear in the printing.

Let me know your thoughts.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back