Change One Cell to Uppercase Automatically After User Hits Enter Key

chelseasikoebs

Board Regular
I have tried so many different codes, but I can't get them work! There will be multiple sheets in the workbook and new ones added along the way. On every sheet, it's cell E1 that is affected. I have the code below, but it doesn't work when I type "january" into cell E1. I'm wanting it to automatically change it to "JANUARY" as soon as I hit Enter. I'm using Excel 2010. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Intersect(Target, Range("e1:e1")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    Target = UCase(Target)
    Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
I have tried so many different codes, but I can't get them work! There will be multiple sheets in the workbook and new ones added along the way. On every sheet, it's cell E1 that is affected. I have the code below, but it doesn't work when I type "january" into cell E1. I'm wanting it to automatically change it to "JANUARY" as soon as I hit Enter. I'm using Excel 2010. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Intersect(Target, Range("e1:e1")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    Target = UCase(Target)
    Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub
Your code looks fine. Are you sure you installed it as a worksheet module rather than a standard module, and have you enabled macros?

Upvote 0
okay, I just double-clicked on the worksheet name and pasted the code and it worked!, but I don't want to have to do that everytime a new worksheet is created. If I copy/paste the worksheets, will the code be copied as well?

Upvote 0
If you want it to work on all worksheets, then you can use this:

<font face=Calibri><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Private</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> Workbook_SheetChange(<SPAN style="color:#00007F">ByVal</SPAN> Sh <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Object</SPAN>, <SPAN style="color:#00007F">ByVal</SPAN> Target <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range)<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> Intersect(Target, Range("E1")) <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Is</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Nothing</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Exit</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br>    Application.EnableEvents = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">False</SPAN><br>        Target = UCase(Target)<br>    Application.EnableEvents = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">True</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

Note that the code goes in the ThisWorkbook module, not a sheet or general module.

HTH,

Upvote 0
Ah, okay, great! Thank you so much for your help! I was going to deem this post as Solved, but I can't find where to do that and I didn't find the answers in the FAQs.

Upvote 0
RE: SOLVED

You don't. We leave posts open, so that someone else with a similar issue might be able to follow along since a lot of people will ignore posts marked "SOLVED".

All you need to do is say thanks if you got an answer that works for you. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daynle

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back