Changing cell currency format

mattyads

Hi, Long time user, first time poster.

I need help changing the cell currency symbol. I need a drop down list to drive the change. Is there an 'IF' statement I can use or would this have to be some VBA coding?

Can anyone shed some light on the subject?

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Suppose in Column A you have Currency List and in Column B, You have amount. Then in Column C add the formula =A1&B1

Upvote 0
Hi Bharati.

Thanks for that.

I should probably explain. If column A is my drop down box with the Currency options then Column B is a variable entry, that will need to be manually entered everytime the speadsheet is used, I tried using your suggestion below but Excel told me this was a circular reference and it doesnt work in this scenario.

Does this make anymore sense?

Thanks again for your suggestion, i still didnt know i could combine cell entries like that!

Upvote 0
I am stumped. I have a spreadsheet that will only allow me to convert a number format to use the US dollar currency symbol (either via currency or accounting format). Any attempt to change to the euro, yen, etc. results in nothing being changed. Now if I open a completely different worksheet, everything looks fine. Yet I have compared all of the options including auto correct features and there are no differences. Any ideas? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back