Code for tab name from a cell of a different worksheet in same workbook

mckeamic

Good Evening,
I have been struggling with this macro code for a few days now and was hoping I can find the answers here.

I am a zookeeper (birds) and we are changing our Incubator room process to all digital (there is a spreadsheet we use for basic data "egg measurements, parameters for the machine like temperature & humidity, and pre-entered formulas to calculate weight loss...it all differs based on species) we then hand write on the sheet after it has been printed and it then goes into a binder....
Will try not to get too off track, but: I have a "DATA" sheet where most of my info will be entered and certain information will transfer to an individual sheet (each egg will have its own individual sheet)....

My question is: on the main worksheet "DATA" (where all my info is typed in) I need cell "B5" (which I will type in the egg log # it is assigned (i.e. B11-26-8) and I need it to transfer to the tab name of the individual egg sheet.

I found a code that allowed me to type (the egg log #) in cell "D7" of the actual individual egg worksheet and it would change the tab name at the bottom. (I also unfortunately lost that code and can't seem to find it through google. Which was somewhat helpful, but not exactly what I was looking for.

Any help would be much appreciated. Let me know if anyone has any questions in case I made this not very understandable, lol.
Thanks again

I work today, but I will definitely try this when I get home today and I will let you know.
Thanks again for all of your help

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Sorry for getting back to you so late, I couldn't find this post to reply to you.
I did try the code in both the DATA tab and tab 1.
Thank you for trying

Upvote 0
Sorry for getting back to you so late, I couldn't find this post to reply to you.
I did try the code in both the DATA tab and tab 1.
Thank you for trying

Did the code work or not?

Upvote 0
The code unfortunately didn't work, but I found a work around.
Thank you for all of your help.

If you're curious: The "DATA" worksheet (where everything is inputted in), then individual worksheet (one sheet per egg, each page is labeled 1 through 600. Each individual worksheet has certain information that is auto transferred from the "DATA" page).

So I essentially I have the egg log # from the "DATA" page transfer on the individual worksheet. Then I put a macro code in the individual tab that copies the information from its own page.
In my head that made more sense, but I did find a code to copy information from the page name that I needed to change.
Again thank you for all of your help and patience.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back