Code/formulat to count values based on different columns and not including duplicates

will_raz

Hello everyone. I could really use some help with this problem I'm having

rJYRCPL.png

(Sorry if the image is scaled too large: check the image with the following link if you can't see to column M, or resize screen: http://i.imgur.com/rJYRCPL.png)

What I would like to do is to be able to count unique users (u) per week per host in the image above. I will have a table similar to that on the right where the weeks are displayed and having the "hosts" on the left side. So far the formula I have is the following:

=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIFS($A:$A,M$1,$D:$D,"Nike"))

This will tell me the amount of times Nike has come up in Week 9. I would like to add further criteria to tell it to only consider unique users within that specific week, for that host.

Users may repeat over different weeks which is why I don't want to remove duplicates based on users (also I'd rather keep all information in my excel for later use). In the example above, in Week 9, it counts 5 times for Nike, but what I would like it to do is count "2" - one for Abe, and one for Will.

This is just a small sample of the data I will be using. My actual excel file will have thousands or rows, but with the same general format.

My goal is to have a macro that will take these values and put it into a table that I will make with weeks on the top and hosts on the left with no formulas behind it. I hope this was clear and that someone can help! If there are any questions or if I wasn't clear please let me know.

Thank you all in advance!

Best,

Will

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

I've tried to integrate the index and match combo into my formula but I haven't had much success. Also I only want to get unique users per week (if the same user comes in the following week, I don't want to remove them from that list). Do you have any ideas on how I can get this into my sumproduct/countifs formula? Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeremy_bp001

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back