Colours in cells via specific conditions

L

Legacy 287389

Hi good people!,

I do not know if this is do-able with formulas, I do hope so..

I have in cell A1 and A2 a word "House", and in A3 a different word, in A4 again "House", and in A5 a different word. These text's are derived via formula.
So, I have 3 "House" words and 2 indifferent ones. In column B, next to each "House", is a number, let's say "1"...This means al three "house's" have the same attributes, because they all have a "1" next to them. In column C, I have the word "House" and in column D next to "House", the total number of "House's" in column A..which is 3. Since the 3 "House's" in column A all have a "1" next to them, they fall under the same group of "house's" so in column C, the word "House" must be a certain color..(Any color)..(One color in this cell indicate that all 3 "house's" are the same.

If lets say one "house in Column A receives a number "2" in column B, then basically what I will have is a 2 to 1 ratio, so the cell in column C must show 2 colors now, with one color obviously covering more or less 2 thirds of the cell, and another color which fills the last third of the cell. The maximum different "House's" that I will have, is 5..

Is there a way to accomplish something like this maybe?...all help and assistance will be greatly appreciated!!..Thanks guys!!

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back