COLUMN HEADER

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.

Andrew Fergus

MrExcel MVP
Hi
Not that I am aware of. Why do you ask? Are you using the form for data entry?
Andrew

Dsuperc

Board Regular
Thanks.
I imported a CSV file on a regular basis and have to run some queries, save the results of the query in an excel template, then change the column headings for each query accordingly. In Excel I Wrap the column header, but can't do that in Access.

Andrew Fergus

MrExcel MVP
Why are you changing the column headings? Is this to accommodate a later process? If the column heding names are always the same, did you know you can change the heading within the query design screen?
Andrew

Dsuperc

Board Regular

ADVERTISEMENT

Yes, I change the header in the query, but with 10 headers and the amount of charecters in each header makes it a bit difficult to analyze. Additionally,
I need to transfer to an Excel worksheet in a template to be uploaded to the mainfraim computer in a special format.

Andrew Fergus

MrExcel MVP
Hi

Are you unable to save the query? Or is the format of the imported file constantly changing? I would have thought the format was consistent such that you could save and re-use the queries you have. If that is the case, then in your final query (the one you export) design screen prefix each field with the name you want to show followed by a full colon ( : ) then the actual field name from the csv file, so that each file looks like this :

YourNewName : YourFieldName

This will permanenty change the names that are displayed in the query to what is displayed before the full colon. I trust I'm not misunderstanding the issue....

Andrew

Dsuperc

Board Regular
The problem is "MY FIELD NAME XXXXXX.." is very long. I have about 23 colums with field names containing any where between 30 and 40 characters.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtBOM