Combine IF, VLOOKUP, OR in same formula?

kc999

I hope someone can help with this question as I have to believe there is a way or better approach like using an index or array in the formula but I've never done that.

In the spreadsheet below, I am trying to evaluate the following in the formula in column "A".
If column B=Enhancement and if column M contains a color, then the result should be some unique result (don't care what, just so I know to delete it). There can be 7 different colors and I have them in a separate sheet - referenced by "Enhancement LU." Thus, my formula is quite ugly and only works accurately for the first color in the list or results in reference error.

=IF(B3="Enhancement",VLOOKUP(CONCATENATE("*",'Enhancement LU'!$A$1,"*"),M3:S3,8,FALSE),OR(B3="Enhancement",VLOOKUP(CONCATENATE("*",'Enhancement LU'!$A$3,"*"),M3:S3,8,FALSE),OR(B3="Enhancement",VLOOKUP(CONCATENATE("*",'Enhancement LU'!$A$2,"*"),M3:S3,8,FALSE),OR(B3="Enhancement",VLOOKUP(CONCATENATE("*",'Enhancement LU'!$A$4,"*"),M3:S3,8,FALSE),OR(B3="Enhancement",VLOOKUP(CONCATENATE("*",'Enhancement LU'!$A$5,"*"),M3:S3,8,FALSE),OR(B3="Enhancement",VLOOKUP(CONCATENATE("*",'Enhancement LU'!$A$6,"*"),M3:S3,8,FALSE),OR(B3="Enhancement",VLOOKUP(CONCATENATE("*",'Enhancement LU'!$A$7,"*"),M3:S3,8,FALSE))))))))

Table:
Only keep #N/A (i.e. if there is a "color" in the title column, delete it. Site type (Enhancement or Project)GroupWorkstreamDevTeamReleaseCustomer TeamShared Dev TeamIteration PathDev TasksTask ActivityTitleAssigned ToStateHrs EstHrs RemainingHrs completedTeam ProjectNode Name
#N/AEnhancementWebWebSAP SecurityWeb and Open EnhancementsWeb and Open Enhancements\RecurringTaskRequirementsCut Reason DC 2.0 Migration (orange)JohnNew60600WebWeb
#REF!EnhancementWebWebSecurityWebMobility Project\Iteration 5TaskSome mobility task (darkgreen)TimDone604416DevDev
#N/AEnhancementAccountingMobilityMMSecurityMobility Project\Iteration 4TaskMeet with EL on User ImpactMikeDone12012JDEJDE
#N/AProjectCCMobilityDevDevMobility Project\Iteration 4TaskReview User Impact Deck w/ EL (1/06)FredDone404MobilityMobility
#N/AProjectMMMobilityCCSecurityMobility Project\Iteration 4TaskSAP Sec - Test Corp Roles (yellow)PamDone808MobilityMobility

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back