Combining the sum and rounddown function

UFGATORS

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Hello, I'm having some difficulty trying to use the SUM and ROUNDDOWN function. I have the following formula "=IF(ISTEXT(D3),IF(D3="Basic",SUM(L3:AP3)+COUNTIF(L3:AP3,"NA"),""),"")". This formula looks in column D to see the rate, then sums the entries in cells L:AP. In some cases I need to enter .5 in L:AP so I need to add the ROUNDDOWN function to be able to count full days. Thanks for the help.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
maybe:
change this
SUM(L3:AP3)+COUNTIF(L3:AP3,"NA")
to this
ROUNDOWN(SUM(L3:AP3)+COUNTIF(L3:AP3,"NA"),0)

Upvote 0
That did not work, the formula has to have =IF(ISTEXT(D3),IF(D3="Basic",SUM(L3:AP3) or something else that looks in cell D3 for the rate first before it rounds and sums L3:AP3

Upvote 0
It's not clear what you need. Could you provide an example? A small data sample along with expected result would be helpful.

M.

Upvote 0
Hi Marcelo, you have helped my in the past. Let me try explaining what I need. In cell D3 there is a rate, "Basic" or "SC", in range L2:AP2 I would enter a 1 for a day of care or .5 for a half day care, the sum of L3:AP3 would be entered into cell AQ3 if D3="Basic". So if I had 1, 1, 1, 1, and .5 I need AQ3 to SUM the total to the nearest full day which would be 4 using the example. If L3:AP3 had the following entries 1,1,.5 the total in AQ3 would be 2 or 1,1,.5,.5 would = 3. I hope this I clearer. Thank you.

Upvote 0
Hi Marcelo, you have helped my in the past. Let me try explaining what I need. In cell D3 there is a rate, "Basic" or "SC", in range L2:AP2 I would enter a 1 for a day of care or .5 for a half day care, the sum of L3:AP3 would be entered into cell AQ3 if D3="Basic". So if I had 1, 1, 1, 1, and .5 I need AQ3 to SUM the total to the nearest full day which would be 4 using the example. If L3:AP3 had the following entries 1,1,.5 the total in AQ3 would be 2 or 1,1,.5,.5 would = 3. I hope this I clearer. Thank you.

Do you want to sum L2:AP2 or L3:AP3? If the later, maybe
=IF(D3="Basic",ROUNDDOWN(SUM(L3:AP3),0),"")

M.

Upvote 0
Or you could just use INT:

=IF(D3="Basic",INT(SUM(L3:AP3)),"")

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you Marcelo, sorry for the typo, it was L3:AP3. I swear I tried what you provided but it did not work. Apparently I did not have it the same way. Thank You.

Upvote 0
You are welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

M.
ps: the formula provided by Scott in post 7 seems simpler and should work as well.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sGraham24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back