Command Buttons and worksheet Change Events

stats1

Hi,

I was really hoping someone could help me. I have only delved into the world of VBA the past month or so and whilst I seem to be grasping the concepts fairly well, or with the support of Google and these forums if I'm honest, I have come across a situation which has bme stumped. Let me set the scene....

I have 10 command buttons on my excel sheet. If cell A1 is empty then I want CommandButton1 to be disabled. However, once there is a value in cell A1 I want CommandButton1 to be enabled and allow the user to then click and run the next macro. Now, I have successfully implemented a worksheet change event that allows me to do this.

However, the complexity occurs when I consider my other CommandButtons. For example, when cell B1 is empty I want CommandButton2 to be disabled but once it has a value to be enabled. When cell C1 is empty CommandButton3 to be disabled and when it has a value enabled. It could be that A! and B1 will have a balue and therefore CommandButtons 1 and 2 will need to be enabled whilst CommandButton3 is left disabled.

When I try to add the code underneath for the other buttons, it still only works for CommandButton1 but none of the other buttons. I'm struggling to find a way to have all these worksheet change events under the one input.

Can anyone please help me? Pretty please!!!! :rolleyes:

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Hi,
Give this a try & see if helps you:

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:J1")) Is Nothing Then
        Me.OLEObjects("CommandButton" & Target.Column).Object.Enabled = Len(Target.Value) > 0
    End If
End Sub

Solution assumes that your values are in A1:J1 & are updated by user (not formula)
Also, that your Buttons are CommandButtons (Active X) with their default names CommandButton1, CommandButton2 etc.

Hope Helpful

Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelMA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back