Compare Two Tables and then Match Other Data

PostTIT

Board Regular
I have a 'master' sheet that contains a big Table with several columns (A:G) and 283 rows (with header).
The other Sheets contain sections of this 'master' table based on unique values in Column B (i.e. Column B is filled with names like 'dog' 'cat' 'pig' 'horse' etc. and these could appear several times over) and the sheets contain a smaller table of the same format as the 'master' but only representing one of the unique names in column B - i.e. a sheet for 'dog' and a sheet for 'cat' etc.

What I'm looking to do is to compare all the smaller tables to the 'master' table, and vice versa, so that if any data is added to one of the tables it can transfer the added data to the 'master' table in the corresponding row. Is this possible?

I have attempted a few comparison things already but with limited luck as I haven't found a method of copying the data from small table to master, and from master table to small within the same macro.

Any help to be had? Or any other sources/links I should look into?

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back