Comparing data between sheets using Macro or something similar

Ivica1987

Hello,

I need help regarding Excel formulas or Macros. It's kinda complicated so I will explain it. I'll post the Excel Template tomorrow as an attachment since my collegue who creates the Excel is not available by now. This Template has fictional employees.

On the excel you can see 3 sheets: Cumulative, Protocol, Wage type master list. The user only needs to fill the cells in the last sheet „Wage type master list“. On each field (Field 1, Field 2, Field 3 etc.) you can only write the numbers of the wage types (1000, 3800 etc.).

On the sheet „Protocol“ you can see a similar layout like in „Wage master list“. The data on the first sheet „Cumulative“ will be used for comparing data. On the sheet „Protocoll“ we cann see that the data is already there.

Now I need a Macro or something similar so it can compare and match datas between sheets. By writing a wage type number on the third sheet, it needs to compare the data between the values of the first and the second sheet. The problem is that the second sheet only has the values but without its corresponding wage type number. The Macro or formula on the second sheet, should colour the employees on the corresponding Field by comparing the data with the first sheet. If employee has the wage type on second sheet that the employee will coloured green, otherwise red colour if he has not that wage type. The data must be compared with the data on the first sheet „Cumulative“. There is also the condition that only the data must be compared which are written on the third sheet.

Sorry for the wall of text. Did someone had something similar? Please tell me if I need to explain it better.

Kind regards

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Hello,

here is the download link for the Template. On the third and second sheet I put some comments to better understand the problem. There must be a way to color the cells on the second sheet automatically. All names and other data is the file are fictional.
If someone has suggestion please reply on this thread. It's kinda urgent.

Kind regards

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriscavsib

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back