Comparing two sheets and their values using Vba

Dc1365

Hi All,

I'm pretty new to mrexcel and vba and wondered if you could help me...

I have two sheets - sheet1 (last week's report) and sheet2 (this week's report). Each sheet is the same format:column A is the unique identifier, column B text and C to F are numbers. Each sheet has over 1000 rows.

im wondering if it's possible... If using vba it could look at the values in column A in sheet1 and for each value find it in sheet2 and check to see if columns B-F match on both sheets. if any field within the row doesn't match then to copy the record into sheet3 but change the value of any field that's changed to: sheet2 value <sheet1 value=""> (to show what it is and what it was). Any row that matches completely can be excluded from sheet3. Any unique identifiers on sheet1 but not sheet2 should be highlighted in red on sheet3 with their row values from sheet1 and any unique identifiers on sheet 2 but not sheet1 should be highlighted on sheet3 in green with the values from sheet2.

I appreciate this may be a big ask but any help or direction you can give me is really appreciated.

Dan</sheet1>

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back