Conditional formatting based on another cell's format

ryancomplabs

Is there a way to transfer conditional formatting across sheets in a workbook by referencing the cell?

I have a large workbook that has Mon-Fri calendar schedules showing when employees are working. The Master Calendar tab is where we edit content and apply different colors to the cells so that the shifts are easily visible.
There are other sheets that reference this Master Calendar to pull select columns of information (=Master Calendar!A3). This referencing works fine to transfer values, but I haven't found a way to transfer the colors of the cells.

Does anyone know how to make a cell on one sheet the same fill color as the cell on a different sheet?

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Hi,

Do you need to color a cell based on a value or a text in a particular cell ?

Manuel

Upvote 0
Hi try copying the range of cell that contain conditional formatting and paste it to other sheet by going to paste special then format.

Upvote 0
Is there a way to transfer conditional formatting across sheets in a workbook by referencing the cell?

I have a large workbook that has Mon-Fri calendar schedules showing when employees are working. The Master Calendar tab is where we edit content and apply different colors to the cells so that the shifts are easily visible.
There are other sheets that reference this Master Calendar to pull select columns of information (=Master Calendar!A3). This referencing works fine to transfer values, but I haven't found a way to transfer the colors of the cells.

Does anyone know how to make a cell on one sheet the same fill color as the cell on a different sheet?
You would have to apply the formatting to the other sheet separately. A formula can not pull formatting into a cell.

Upvote 0
Thanks - I do see now that it won't be able to pull the formatting directly from another format... It'd be nice but yeah - I'll have to try to work in the copy/paste-special or use a macro to copy the color across.
Thank you for your help!

Upvote 0
Thanks - I do see now that it won't be able to pull the formatting directly from another format... It'd be nice but yeah - I'll have to try to work in the copy/paste-special or use a macro to copy the color across.
Thank you for your help!
Thanks for the feedback. Good luck! :cool:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back